To ensure higher standards of protection and security for your customers and employees!
Shopping carts, luggage carts, wheelchairs, etc. are used on a daily basis by a large group of people. Countless germs and viruses are transferred onto these contact surfaces. And through smear infection, these pathogenic germs, many of which are be potentially dangerous, are transmitted onto the next human.
In light of the current incidence of infection, a fundamental rethink is required regarding the necessity and effectiveness of sanitation of these daily helper.Safety against germ transmission can only be guaranteed through a regular maintenance and disinfection as well as a strict avoidance of any contact with contaminated surfaces. This also prevents the uncontrolled contamination of devices and products with germs and bacteria.
Car ‑ T ‑ Wash disinfection system
What makes our solution so special:
- Disinfect the entire car before use
- No contact of the user with contaminated surfaces
- Simple and reliable operation
- Robust construction
- Efficient use even with large fleets
- Low disinfection costs per unit
- suitable for all common sizes(HxWxL: 890 x 840 x 1370mm, custom sizes upon request)
- capacity of up to 150 units per hour ( continuous flow of operation)
- easy transport on wheels in between storage and the operating area
- Required connections: 230V FI-protected, domestic water
- all components made of stainless steel or plexiglass
- Automatic provision of the disinfectant solution, made available in solution tank
- Excess disinfectant solution is drained into the ground container
- Disinfecting chamber mounted on lockable castors and equipped with inlet and outlet ramps, drainage container, operator rails and a platform to accommodate concentration tanks.
- Suction hose for the concentrate
- Storage container for the disinfectant-water mixture
- Pressure pump for mixing and fogging
- Fresh and dirty water hose
- 230 volt connection cable (FI-secured house connection required).
Car-T-Wash is constructed for the application of disinfectant concentrates. The preparation of the disinfectant solution follows a defined mixing ratio.
The system is preset to a mixing ratio of 1:128 (recommended disinfection). The configuration to another ratio is also possible.
The recommended disinfectant solution is phosphate-free and pH-neutral. It was formulated as an efficient disinfection for the cleaning of hard, non-porous surfaces, especially of metal and plastic.
When applied accordingly, it is highly efficient against a broad spectrum of viruses and bacteria (incl. HIV-1, HIV-2, HBV, HCV, Sars CoV-2), prevents the growth of mold and fungi and reduces unpleasant odors.
- Transport to the place of operation and restoration of operational capability
- Connection to power and water supply as well as the disinfectant concentrate
- Upon switching on, the disinfectant solution is being prepared in a level-controlled manner
- Carts are wheeled through the facility by the operator in convoy format
- The system then automatically initiates at the control contact of the first carriage and ends at the exit of the last carriage
- Spray mist application inside the disinfection chamber, excess mist and sewage water is collected in the ground container
- The desinfectant resides on the surface, dries rapidly in the air and leaves no residue behind
- Next use after a short exposure to air (<5 min.)
ready for transport
fully operational (side view)
fully operational (disinfection chamber)
Comparison of application concepts
- Most common practice
- Issue and return in the same location
- No or rare cleaning of the fleet
- Customers use contaminated carts
- Uncontrolled spread of germs, viruses and bacteria
- Offer of a disinfection in personal responsibility of the customers
- Queues and dissatisfaction due to limited capacity
- Use of contaminated wagons continues
- Hardly any reduced risk of passing on germs, viruses and bacteria
- Effectiveness and usage decreases significantly with decreasing public awareness
- Systematic separation of contaminated and disinfected carts
- No contact with contaminated surfaces, customer takes over “clean” shopping cart
- Avoidance of disinfection can be prevented
- Efficient disinfection with continuous flow of operation before the next use
- No waiting times for the customer
Is the disinfection of shopping carts beneficial?
Virus and germ spread
Disinfection as protection against germs is a controversially discussed topic. Especially the durability and tenacity of the human defense system is used here as a counterargument. Nevertheless, the data of numerous studies in recent years should not be neglected. According to these studies, the handles of shopping carts, among other things, contain significantly more germs than toilet seats.
Germs found include among others: Noro virus, influenza, E-Coli, etc. Additionally germs, otherwise only present in severe wounds , could be identified.
|Sites Sampled||Avg. Bacteria Per 100 cm²|
Considering that these germs are spread with every physical interaction, the demand for a systematic cleaning and disinfection of shopping carts only understandable. And this must not only be driven by the current Corona pandemic, but must be part of a wholistic hygiene concept for the use of such and similar everyday aids.
KTW Technology GmbH
Gleeser Straße 14
Phone: +49 (0) 2636 80 777 3
Court of Registry: District Court Koblenz
Commercial register no.: HRB 21834
VAT ID: DE 266850273
Information about online dispute resolution
The European Commission has established an internet platform for online dispute resolution. The ODR platform is a point of entry for out-of-court resolutions relating to contractual obligations of online sales contracts. You can get to the ODR platform by following the link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
KTW Technology GmbH will not participate in a dispute settlement proceeding in front of a consumer arbitration board according to the German Consumer Dispute Resolution Act (VSBG) and is not obliged to do so.
Liability for content
As a service provider, we are responsible for our own content on these pages in accordance with general law in accordance with Section 7 (1) of the German Telemedia Act. According to §§ 8 to 10 TMG, as a service provider, we are not obliged to monitor transmitted or stored third-party information or to investigate circumstances that indicate illegal activity. Obligations to remove or block the use of information in accordance with general laws remain unaffected. Liability in this regard is only possible from the point in time at which we become aware of a specific legal violation. As soon as we become aware of such legal violations, we will remove this content immediately.
Liability for links
Our offer contains links to external third-party websites over whose content we have no influence. Therefore we cannot accept any liability for this external content. The respective provider or operator of the pages is always responsible for the content of the linked pages. The linked pages were checked for possible legal violations at the time they were linked. No illegal content was found at the time the link was created. Permanent monitoring of the content of the linked pages is not reasonable without concrete evidence of a violation of the law. If we become aware of legal violations, we will remove such links immediately.
Copyright 2020 KTW Technology GmbH. All rights reserved. The content and works on these pages created by the website operator are subject to German copyright law. The reproduction, processing, distribution and any kind of exploitation outside the limits of copyright law require the written consent of the respective author or creator. Downloads and copies of this website are only permitted for private, non-commercial use.
Insofar as the content on this site was not created by the operator, the copyrights of third parties are observed. In particular contents of third parties are marked as such. Should you nevertheless become aware of a copyright infringement, we would ask you to notify us accordingly. As soon as we become aware of legal violations, we will remove such content immediately.